E-Waste Recycling: Reduce Your Carbon Footprint!
Consumers today are buying more electronics, and businesses are using more technology than ever.
With faster and newer technologies and software being introduced every day, business owners are constantly upgrading their equipment, which can result in outdated monitors and printers sitting unused.
How do you get rid of all that unused or underutilized equipment? Why choose recycling as your removal method?
- Old electronics can contain toxic substances like lead, mercury, and chromium. When you throw away your e-waste, you could be contributing to the pollution of ground water and the soil.
- Recycling old devices saves energy! When you recycle, the raw materials can be used to create new devices.
What about toner cartridges?
You can recycle those too! Here’s why recycling printer ink is important:
- Nearly 8 cartridges per second are thrown away in the United States alone.
- It takes one gallon of oil to make a new laser cartridge.
- About 70 percent of used printer cartridges are being thrown away instead of recycled.
- A laser cartridge in landfill can take up to 450 years to decompose, but some components can take over 1,000 years!
MCS Makes “Going Green” Easy!
There are many options for recycling empty toner cartridges and unused electronics! From bringing empty cartridges to an office supply store to recycling-by-mail programs, there is no shortage of ways you can participate to make the world a greener place.
If you are an MCS customer, we can help your company go green and save you money, including with our FREE e-waste disposal. For those businesses that don’t already partner with us, we’re happy to pick up cartridges and other e-waste for $100. Being kind to the environment is part of our Culture of Kindness. We’re all in this together.
We love working with the Ann Arbor community. Hear from one of our happy customers:
“Michigan Computer Supplies is a fantastic company. The people are helpful and caring. They deliver directly to the person that needs the item to make sure it gets to them. Orders are delivered the next day but they have willingly helped us out in emergency situations with immediate delivery. I can't thank them enough for their great service.”
Learning more is as easy as calling us at 734-213-5400 or sending us an email. See how we can help with toner cartridges for your Ann Arbor business today!