Tips for Saving Money on Printer Ink
Have you ever broken down exactly how much money you’re paying for printer ink and cartridges?
Out of all your business expenses, have you considered ways to cut down on how much you’re spending monthly on cartridges?
Think of it this way: according to Consumer Reports, gasoline costs an average of four cents per ounce, but printer ink costs an average of fifty dollars an ounce! If you’ve never looked closely at the numbers, that comparison probably seems stunning.
Here’s what you can do to make sure you’re not overspending and getting the best price:
- Restrict color printing: A page printed in color can be up to five times more expensive to print than a page printed in black and white. If you need to save money, avoid printing heavy ink materials like PowerPoint presentations, and emails.
- Don’t replace your toner cartridges immediately after the low signal comes on: Just like with a car, your “running low” signal doesn’t mean you’re actually running on empty. With most devices, the signal comes on when you have about 20% of your toner remaining.
- Order toner proactively: If you rush to order products when you run out, you might have to settle for subpar products. Instead, keep a stock of toner cartridges in your office that are high quality. This way you never have a printing emergency, and never have to settle for low quality ink.
- Create an office print policy: A formal printing policy - like how many copies or pages are allowed to be printed at any one time - is a great way to save money. You can also restrict certain printers for certain kinds of materials, like using the highest efficiency printers for large jobs.
- Schedule regular printer maintenance with a local printer repair company: MCS offers regular maintenance and upkeep of your machines to make sure they’re working their best.
By taking only a few of these steps, your office budget will feel immediate relief! Working with a local company like Michigan Computer Supplies can also make sure you’re getting the best prices available and customer service that can’t be beat.
Did you know… MCS has national certification as a Women's Business Enterprise by the Great Lakes Women's Business Council, a regional certifying partner of the Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)? By including women-owned businesses among their suppliers, corporations and government agencies demonstrate their commitment to fostering diversity and the continued development of their supplier diversity programs.
Not only do we offer the friendliest printer repair service in Ann Arbor, but we practically make it a “no-brainer,” because when you purchase compatible toner cartridges from MCS, your labor is FREE for toner-related problems.
We truly care about the Ann Arbor community and want to continue to build relationships with small businesses and non-profit organizations. We have the ability to help you with all your computer, labeling, and printing needs, including on location printer repair service in Ann Arbor and the surrounding area.
Contact us today to discuss your needs and to schedule a checkup for your printer. We can also serve your toner needs. Check out a sample of our competitive prices!