Repairing Your Home Printer? Read This First!
Do you have a home printer that never seems to work correctly?
Do you spend more time fixing paper jams and streaky ink than you do printing documents you need for work or school?
Now that we’re all spending more time at home and our kitchens and dens have transitioned into home offices, you might be noticing that your home inkjet printer isn’t as up to par as you thought it was.
How do you know if you should spend the time and money to hire a printer repair service, or if you should just replace your machine?
- Age of your printer: Find out when the model was released, not just the date you purchased it. If you’ve had your printer for five years, for example, but it was released a few years prior, the overall age could impact its expected lifetime and accessibility of parts.
- Cost per page: If you’re not using a managed print provider, you can find out the cost per page of your device by dividing the cost of a toner cartridge by the number of pages printed before needing to replace it. A newer model printer will often need a higher capacity toner cartridge, saving you money on overall printing spend. (If you’re considering a managed print provider, read more here!)
- Labor costs for repair: While some printer repairs can be done on site, others will require parts and a technician. When labor costs are involved, the bill for repair can quickly skyrocket. When deciding whether to repair or replace your printer, consider the total costs of replacement parts and labor.
We know repairs are sometimes the only choice for those of us working at home, and if you feel a replacement isn’t the right choice, we can do a $25 printer assessment to determine what your next steps should be.
To read more about our printer repair service for businesses and business-class machines (including our hourly rate), please click here.
Experience the MCS Culture of Kindness Today!
Our mission at MCS is to provide the very best value in printer repair, supplies, service, custom labels, bar code and data collection products, paper, and more to the Ann Arbor business community and beyond. Your custom labels and hard to find supplies can even be stocked at our warehouse for on-demand delivery!
Here are the benefits you’ll enjoy as a local MCS customer:
- Our local compatible toner customers enjoy FREE cleanings and routine maintenance. This means you will never have to struggle with nor pay for the installation of fusers, maintenance kits, transfer belts, or other consumable components in your machine. Find out more about the benefits of compatible toner cartridges.
- Copy paper, specialty paper, engineering rolls, point of sale rolls, labels, and other printer supplies are all available with FREE on demand delivery in the Ann Arbor Area. If your business uses an item that is not regularly stocked locally, we will always keep a small stock on hand so you’re never in a panic over a 2-week lead time. You will never pay additional shipping charges and we are happy to deliver directly to any specific location in your building.
- If it turns out that you need a printer part, you can purchase it from us and install yourself or we may even install it for FREE! Do you purchase compatible toner cartridges from MCS? If so, your labor is FREE for toner-related problems.
- Our customers love our on-demand delivery for their custom label stock. We store your inventory of blank or custom printed labels and provide what you need when you need it.
Give MCS a call and let's start your culture of kindness experience today! You'll be glad you did, and we can't wait to help you