Printer Repair for Your Ann Arbor Business: Worth the Cost?
Are you trying to decide if your home or office printer is worth repairing?
Does your printer still fit your needs, or do you think you need to buy a new one?
The right printer for your business can be a big expense. How do you know if it’s time to replace your printer? How long do inkjet printers last?
Here are our recommendations:
- Generally, the average lifespan of an inkjet printer is around 3-5 years under normal usage. If you use the printer more frequently than average or if you’re using it for a business, you might find the life of your printer is shorter.
- Inkjet printers have a lifespan on the lower end, while laser printers last a little longer.
- If you’re spending a lot of money on replacement parts for your printer, it might be a better investment to buy a new printer – low supply of replacement parts could be an ongoing issue.
Repair or Replace: Ask Yourself These Questions
Before you make the decision to repair or replace your inkjet printer, ask yourself these questions:
- Have you been printing frequently?
- Is your printer still under warranty?
- Are you using an older model printer?
- How much is the hourly rate for printer repair services?
MCS offers a $25 printer assessment. One of our technicians will diagnose the issue(s) and provide an estimated cost of repair. If the cost is not worth the labor rate, we’ll let you know so you don’t waste your money or your time. If we think buying a new printer is the best option for you, we’ll let you know about that too, and we can even make recommendations about how to go forward and what printer to choose.
Like cars, plumbing, or heating, it is difficult to find a printer repair center that can be counted on. If a machine is older or has a repair that would exceed the cost of replacement, we aren’t against telling you it's not worth the cost of fixing.
Contact us today to learn more!