Common Mistakes When Buying Printer Ink Cartridges
Did you know that most consumers spend more money on replacement ink and toner than they do on printers?
Printer cartridges aren’t cheap, and a lot of money can be saved by avoiding the common mistakes that people make when they shop.
If you want to make sure you’re getting the best value for your money, consider the following:
- Don’t ignore cartridge numbers or the printer model – Every cartridge has a unique model number printed on its label. Many different models of ink cartridges will fit a long list of printers, but knowing what type of replacement ink you need is important. Make sure you check the printer model number before ordering.
- Verify the page-yield of the cartridge – Do you know if your ink cartridge can print a 100 or 1000 pages? Most consumers have no idea how long their cartridges can actually last. Knowing the difference will ensure you buy printer ink appropriate for your needs and make sure your ink lasts longer. The page yield can be found in product descriptions online, in product titles, and on cartridge labels.
- Standard-size printer cartridges vs. high-capacity – Standard size printer ink cartridges are cheaper because they hold less ink. If you want to save money, you should consider high-capacity replacement cartridges. These cartridges come at a higher price but have 2-3 times the amount of page yields and are ALWAYS a better value.
- Buy low-cost compatible printer cartridges and toners – Do you know whether you should buy expensive OEM (original equipment manufacturer) cartridges or compatible ink and toner cartridges? Many consumers are taken aback by manufacturers’ warnings to strictly use OEM cartridges. OEM ink and toner are high quality and sold by printer manufacturing companies. Compatible ink or more generic ink cartridges are made by third-party companies and are made to work with various printer models, and are often sold at a lower price.
- Buy quality remanufactured printer cartridges – If you are considering compatible cartridges, be sure that you’re buying remanufactured or refurbished cartridges from a well-known source. Avoid anonymous sellers and companies that don’t offer product guarantees.
Buy Printer Ink You Can Trust from Ann Arbor-Based Michigan Computer Supplies!
Mistakes when buying cartridges can cost you both time and money. If you’re running a small business, not being able to get printer ink when you need it can disrupt your workflow.
We offer FREE same or next day delivery on most OEM and compatible toner cartridges. We stock a wide variety of toner cartridges that can be hard to find locally. We also carry name brand toner like HP, Lexmark, and Brother to name a few. Most OEM cartridges are guaranteed by their manufacturers for 30 days from the date of purchase.
Our Premium Compatibles offer on average a 30% savings from OEM prices and the Standard Compatibles can offer as much as a 60% savings. Our compatible toner cartridges come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee with no questions asked for the entire life each cartridge.
Our local compatible toner customers enjoy FREE cleanings and routine maintenance as well. This means you will never have to struggle with nor pay for the installation of fusers, maintenance kits, transfer belts, or other consumable components in your machine. Find out more about the benefits of compatible toner cartridges. Contact us today! We’re happy to help!